Recently installed a program or update and now you’re computer wont boot or keeps freezing? The answer might be to restore Windows to an earlier date using system restore. This is a quick, easy and automatic process that can be done using the steps below.
- In the Start Menu, search for Control Panel and open it.
- Select the Recovery entry, then click Open System Restore.
- Click Next, and you’ll see a list of recent restore points. Check the Show more restore points box to see them all.
- Choose Scan for affected programs to see what this change will affect.
- When you’re ready to proceed, click Next > Finish and Windows will restore to that point.
System Restore won’t remove any of your files, but it will remove programs and updates installed since the restore point.