This article is for you if
- You are trying to get the attribute msExchHideFromAddressLists to sync to Office 365 via AD Connect
- You have upgraded from dirsync to AD Connect and now msExchHideFromAddressLists does not sync to Office 365
Issue / Fault definition
- The attribute msExchHideFromAddressLists will not sync to Office 365 using AD Connect
Known / associated error messages
Known Fixes / Solutions
- Populate the mailNickname attribute in Active directory with a value
- Ensure all user accounts that are being synced have their mailNickname attribute populated.
- Exchange schema update installed on your domain
- Syncing Exchange attributes after upgrading from dirsync to AADConnect | Blog (michev.info)
- Changes to msExchangeHiddenFromAddressList not updated – Exchange | Microsoft Docs
Words of caution
You are reading this guide with the knowledge that anything provided here is given as is, we do not hold any responsibility for damage or loss of property, customers, profits and or loss of data.