There is now a supported Microsoft Hotfix for this issue that can be downloaded from here
- Close the Deployment Workbench.
- Backup the existing x86 and x64 versions of the Microsoft.BDD.Utility.dll file in the following locations.
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Distribution\Tools\x86\
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\Distribution\Tools\x64\
- Copy the new files extracted from MDT_KB4564442.exe over the old versions.
- For each deployment share that you have created, repeat the file replacement (e.g. C:\DeploymentShare\Tools\x86, C:\DeploymentShare\Tools\x64, etc.).
- Open the Deployment Workbench, select the Deployment Share and choose the Update Deployment Share option, choosing to completely regenerate the boot image. Perform this step for each deployment share to ensure each one is updated with the correct binaries.
NOTE that if you have MDT installed on a different drive you will also need to copy the new files extracted from MDT_KB4564442.exe over the old versions in your MDT Deployment Share Tools folder.