Are you selling your laptop or just want to set it back to factory defaults for a fresh start? If so then follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings app (using the Windows Key + I shortcut if you like).
- Select Update & Security, then the Recovery tab.
- Under Reset this PC, click Get started.
- Choose Keep my files or Remove everything. Both options will uninstall all your programs and reset settings, but the former will keep your files.
- If you choose to remove your files, choose Just remove my files for a quick erase, or Remove files and clean the drive. Use the second option if you’re selling your computer so it securely erases your data.
- Confirm Windows’s warning that you can’t roll back after this, and your computer will begin the reset process.