Microsoft recommend using Windows Update to install the latest version of Windows 10 but that can also have its drawbacks leading to hard to understand errors and complicated troubleshooting. However there is an easier way! To fix Windows Update issues upgrading to 20H2 simply follow the below steps.
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click the Advanced troubleshooters option.
- Under the “Get up and running” section, select the Windows Update option.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Click the Apply this fix option (if applicable).Quick note: If the “Apply this fix” option is not available, it doesn’t mean that it didn’t work. The tool will run an automated script to fix common problems, and if there’s something else, you’ll see the option to apply the fix.
- Continue with the on-screen directions.
- Restart the computer.
Once you complete the steps, you can use the Windows Update settings again to install the new feature update.